Welcome to LionMail - The Inclusive Namespace Mail Hub
Lion-Mail is a web-based e-mail system that provides e-mail addresses ending ".LION". With this service, you can get up to five e-mail addresses of the form "ANYUSER@ANYTHING.LION", such as "email@example.com" or "firstname.lastname@example.org". You get to choose both the part on the left of the @-sign and the part before the '.LION".
The .LION top level domain (the part of a web or e-mail address after the last dot is called the "top level domain" or TLD for short) is part of what is called the Inclusive Namespace, or INS. The INS contains many more TLDs that you can normally use when you have your internet connection set up the way that your ISP sets it up. You can learn more about the INS, including how to change the settings on your internet connection to take advantage of the INS by clicking HERE.
LionMail allows you to have an e-mail address in the INS without having to change your internet settings. From this address you can send e-mail to anyone on the internet, regardless of if they are using INS settings on their computers and they can reply to you. You can even configure your LionMail e-mail addresses so that when someone replies to your e-mail, it will be sent to an alternative address, such as the e-mail address that you got from your ISP. This is helpful if you communicate with people who do not use the INS settings on their computer and who may not be able to reach your LionMail address. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions about the LionMail service.
Q: If not everyone can send to my LionMail address, what good is it to have such an address?
A: There are several reasons to obtain a LionMail address. The first is to cut down on SPAM. Most spammers use systems that do not know about the INS and therefore they will not be able to reach you. This means that you will get very little spam in your Inbox. The second reason is that, as the service is new, all of the good e-mail addresses are NOT taken, unlike services like Yahoo and Google. Finally, there are changes planned on the Internet now that will increase the number of people who can access the INS by default (that is, without having to change their internet settings). As more and more people get access to the INS, more and more people will be able to send and receive INS e-mail, including LionMail. For less that a dollar a month, you can reserve your INS e-mail address now and use it to communicate with your friends immediately. Your friends can either obtain a LionMail address of their own or you can configure your LionMail address so that replies to your e-mail will go to a different address, such as the one assigned by your ISP or a Yahoo or MSN address.
Q: What exactly does LionMail cost? How many addresses can I have?
A: LionMail is only $2.99 for 3 months or $10.99 for a year. With this you get up to five different e-mail addresses.
Q: I noticed that there are ads on this website. Will these be on the WebMail application and if so, why?
A: These ads are text only on both this site and the WebMail site. Ads bring in revenue that allow us to keep the cost of the service as low as it is.
Q: Can I access my e-mail from a standard (non-INS) computer?
Q: What kind of web-mail interface do you use? Can I have sub-folders under each of my e-mail addresses? Does having more folders affect my quota?
A: We use the ATMail Web Mail platform. You can visit their website and try out a sample of the ATMail interface. You can create sub-folders in your mailbox as well. Each e-mail address comes with an "Inbox", "Drafts", "Trash" and "Sent" folder. Having extra folders does affect your quota, but not by that much.
Q: Can my e-mail addresses access the folders of any other of my e-mail addresses? Are they linked in any way?
A: No, each of the up to 5 e-mail addresses that are in your account have a separate mailbox and set of folders.
Q: Once I create an e-mail address, can I delete it?
A: Yes, once you create an e-mail address you can delete it from the account management page. Note that when you delete an e-mail address, its mailbox along with all folders and e-mail stored under the e-mail address will be deleted.
Q. Are there any plans to make an alias for LionMail addresses in the .COM TLD?
A: Yes, as a matter of
fact, this is done automatically for your when you create a LionMail
E-Mail address. Each LionMail E-Mail address has an alias in the
dot-com world: Your friends can reach your LionMail E-Mail inbox by
sending mail to "yourUser@YOURLIONDOMAIN.dot-lion.com", which
is an alias for "yourUser@YOURLIONDOMAIN.LION", for instance,
"email@example.com" can also be reached by sending e-mail to:
Q. Can I hook up a web page to my LionMail address? In other words, can I have a web page under the .LION TLD?
A: No, the .LION TLD is designed to be used solely for E-Mail, however, there are many other INS TLDs that you can choose from. AWI's subsidiary, AGN Domain Name Service, operates the .AMERICA, .USA, .EARTH, .Z, .BOBCAT, .CHEETAH, .LEOPARD, .LYNX, .PUMA and .TIGER TLDs as well as providing registry services for the .COM2, .NOT, .ETC and .ONLINE TLDs, all of which are available for general domain registration and thus suitable for websites. For more information, visit the ADNS Website. In addition, there is a complete list of all INS TLDs maintained on the website of the Top Level Domain Association. Visit their website (once there, look for the "Taproot" link) for contact information regarding other TLDs.
Q: How do I go about setting up my e-mail account so that replies to my Lion-Mail messages go to my dot-lion.com address or to some other e-mail address?
A: Log on to the webmail application and click the "Settings" link. On that page, you can customize your e-mail settings. There is a setting called "Reply To". (the third one down). Simply put the dot-lion.com version of your e-mail address in here or any other e-mail address that you want. Then, whenever anyone replies to a message sent via Lion-Mail, it will automatically go to this address.
Q: Can I send e-mail from the Web Mail interface? If so, are there any quotas?
A: Of course you can send e-mail !. You can send e-mail either with your LionMail address, or you can set a Reply-To: address that will cause any replies to your message to be redirected to another e-mail address. We reserve the right to impose outbound quotas, either on one user or any group of users if we feel they are sending excessive e-mail. ALSO: ANY ACCOUNT THAT SENDS SPAM (UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL EMAIL) WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY WITH NO REFUNDS. THIS MEANS ALL E-MAIL ADDRESSES CONNECTED WITH THE ACCOUNT WILL BE TERMINATED AND ALL FOLDERS DELETED. WE HAVE NO TOLERANCE FOR SPAM, EITHER INBOUND OR OUTBOUND.
Q: What form of payment do you accept?
A: At this time, we accept payment via PayPal only but they PayPal takes most major credit cards.
Below is a list of terms and conditions of use of the LionMail Service. By signing up for and using a LionMail account, you agree to be bound by these terms. The terms can be changed by American Webmasters Inc at any time by posting changes to the terms here in this section of this page.
1. LionMail is a web broswer based E-Mail service provided by American Webmasters, Inc. (AWI)
2. By signing up for and using this service, you the customer (CUSTOMER) are agreeing to abide by and be bound by all of the terms listed here.
3. Payments are accepted through the PayPal service only. No checks, money orders, cash or trade terms are accepted. There are no refunds of fees paid for any reason other than those required by law.
4. These terms can be changed at any time by AWI by posting the changes to this section of this page. Those changes will take place as soon as the changes are posted here or at the date specified in the change notice.
5. CUSTOMER may have up to 5 E-Mail addresses associated with their account. These are of the form "firstname.lastname@example.org" , where CUSTOMER can choose the "user" part and the "something" part.
6. AWI reserves the right to limit what can be chosen for the "user" parts and for the "something" parts of CUSTOMER E-Mail addresses. Obscene addresses or ones that show hatred or intolerance are not allowed. Also, AWI may reserve certain other strings from being used for other reasons. Limits on which strings can be used are solely up to AWI's discretion. AWI reserves the right to alter an already-existing CUSTOMER E-Mail address if it finds the strings to be unacceptable, even after the address has already been created and is in use.
7. In consideration of CUSTOMERS use of LionMail Services, CUSTOMER represents that he/she is of legal age to form a binding contract and is not a person barred from receiving the LionMail Services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. CUSTOMER also agrees to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information when CUSTOMER registers for LionMail access. (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
8. CUSTOMER will receive a password and account number upon completing the LionMail registration process. Account numbers are a string of digits (no letters). This account number allows CUSTOMER to log into the LionMail Account Maintenance system to change contact information, add, delete and change the passwords for E-Mail addresses attached to said account, make payments and view payment history. CUSTOMER is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of not only the account password, but the password for each E-Mail address created and CUSTOMER is fully responsible for all activities that occur under CUSTOMERS passwords, LionMail account and attached E-Mail addresses. CUSTOMER agrees to (a) immediately notify AWI of any unauthorized use of either the LionMail or E-Mail account passwords or any other breach of security. AWI cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from CUSTOMERS failure to comply with this Section 4.
9. CUSTOMER agrees that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content") that are sent by CUSTOMER via LionMail are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that CUSTOMER, and not AWI, are entirely responsible for all Content that CUSTOMER uploads, emails, transmits or otherwise makes available via the LionMail Services. AWI does not control the Content sent via the LionMail and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. CUSTOMER agrees that by using the LionMail Services, CUSTOMER may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will AWI be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the LionMail service.
10. CUSTOMER agrees to not use the LionMailServices to:
11. Sending SPAM (Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail) is strictly prohibited. AWI will IMMEDIATLY terminate any LionMail account that has been used to send SPAM. CUSTOMERs sending SPAM from their LionMail account will have their account TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY. AWI has NO TOLERANCE FOR SPAM.
12. When CUSTOMER registers for a LionMail account CUSTOMER acknowledges that in using the LionMail Services to send electronic communications , CUSTOMER will be causing communications to be sent through AWIs computer networks in the United States. As a result, and also as a result of AWIs network architecture and business practices and the nature of electronic communications, even communications that seem to be intrastate in nature can result in the transmission of interstate communications regardless of where CUSTOMER is physically located at the time of transmission. Accordingly, by agreeing to these Terms, CUSTOMER acknowledges that use of the service results in interstate data transmissions.
13. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, CUSTOMER agrees to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Use of the LionMail Service and transfer and uploading of software, technology, and other technical data via the LionMail Services may be subject to the export and import laws of the United States and other countries. CUSTOMER agrees to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations. In particular, CUSTOMER: (a) represents that CUSTOMER is not a party identified on any government export exclusion list, including but not limited to the U.S. Denied Persons, Entity, and Specially Designated Nationals Lists, nor will CUSTOMER transfer software, technology, and other technical data via the LionMail Services to parties identified on such lists; (b) agrees not to use the LionMail Services for military, nuclear, missile, chemical or biological weaponry end uses in violation of U.S. export laws; (c) agrees not to transfer, upload, or post via the LionMail Services any software, technology or other technical data in violation of U.S. or other applicable export or import laws.
14. AWI does not and will not release customer information to any third party, including the selling of customer data to outsiders. AWI will use customer information only to maintain LionMail services. AWI must and will release any information as orderd by a court of law, but only with a proper court order.
15. AWI may terminate a LionMail account if it determines that CUSTOMER is in violation of any of these terms. Accounts terminated for violation of the rules will be deleted. THIS MEANS THAT ALL E-MAIL ADDRESSES CONNECTED WITH THE ACCOUNT WILL BE TERMINATED AND ALL FOLDERS DELETED.
16. CUSTOMER agrees to indemnify and hold AWI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content CUSTOMER submits, transmits, modifies or otherwise makes available through the LionMail Services, CUSTOMERS use of the LionMail Services, CUSTOMERS connection to the LionMail Services, CUSTOMERS violation of these Terms, or CUSTOMERS violation of any rights of another.
17. CUSTOMER EXPRESSLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT USE OF THE LIONMAIL AND OTHER AWI SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ARE AT CUSTOMER'S SOLE RISK. THE LIONMAIL AND OTHER AWI SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. AWI AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
18. AWI reserves the right to limit the amount of e-mail stored in CUSTOMER mailboxes and can reject any new messages for that mailbox until such time as CUSTOMER reduces the amount of mail stored in the mailbox.
19 Please report any violations of these Terms to AWI by sending an E-Mail to info AT nic.lion (INS) or info AT nic.dot-lion.com
Last Updated October 10, 2011